I will try to keep SilverTile simple with just the features needed to get my game running.
At the very least SilverTile will support the following:
- Rendering to a surface (WriteableBitmap)
- I think this is the fastest way to render pixel graphics in Silverlight (done)
- Support both tiles for background / terrain, and moveable sprites
- Sprites should support animation (done)
- Sprites should support transparent pixels (done)
- XAML for game level setup
- Support using XAML to setup the game levels/maps (done)
- SUpport using XAML to define sprites and animated sprites (done)
- Collision detection
- Tiles should support bounding-box collision detection (done)
- Sprites should support bounding-box collision detection (done) and possibly per-pixel collision detection (not yet)
- Input control
- Keyboard input should be handled in a structured way
- Game infrastructure support
- Support for transitions between levels/maps defined in XAML (done)
In addition I think SilverTile needs a way to handle the game and a game session as an entity, but that can wait until later. This is implemented in the SilverTileGameWorld class.
Any comments? Did I forget anything essential? I will update this page with any new features and with some progress information as soon as I have anything to report.